Canadian Stage Artistic Director Brendan Healy is pleased to announce a call for actor submissions for General Auditions for our upcoming seasons. The 2022-2023 season has yet to be announced; when it is, information about our season will be available on our website.
Please submit a digital resume and headshot by 5 p.m. on May 23, 2022. Early submissions strongly encouraged. General Auditions will take place June 7-11, 2022.
Canadian Stage is committed to building an anti-racist, equitable and inclusive cultural institution, and is committed to diverse, inclusive casting. We work to reflect the stories, ideas, concerns, and priorities of the communities we have been entrusted to serve authentically and meaningfully. For information on our ongoing organizational work, please click here for our Report to the Community on our continued learnings at Canadian Stage.
If you have any access needs for your audition, please contact Emily Johnston at firstname.lastname@example.org.
COVID-19: Proof of vaccination will be required for all artists participating in our General Auditions.
- We are particularly interested in seeing recent graduates of professional theatre training programs who may not have had the chance to introduce themselves to industry professionals due to COVID-19.
- Applications will be accepted by email at the address below, and on Casting Workbook. Please use the following guidelines when submitting:
For email submissions, the subject line of your email should be NAME / CAEA STATUS (union or nonunion)
Please attached your resume and headshot as a SINGLE PDF FILE
Please note any relevant training in the body of your email, including the year you graduated
For submissions on Casting Workbook, please note CAEA status (union or non-union) and any relevant training in the notes section of your submission
- We are only accepting submissions for in-person auditions; please do not submit if you are not available for an in-person audition in Toronto between June 7-11, 2022. We will not be holding zoom or self-tape auditions at this time.
Performers selected for an audition will be asked to prepare:
- Two (2) contrasting monologues of any time period and style, each under 2 minutes in length. Please note that performers may be asked to perform only one monologue during their audition.
- NOTE: when selecting monologues, focus on pieces with a clear objective within the world of the play. We are
less interested in seeing ‘presentational’ pieces that lack a clear set of objectives, obstacles, and tactics.
Submissions can be e-mailed to Casting Associate Emily Johnston at email@example.com or submitted on:
www.castingworkbook.com. We thank everyone for their interest; however, only those selected for an audition will be contacted. Due to the volume of submissions, we are not able to respond to inquiries about the status of your
Deadline: May 23, 2022, 5 p.m.
Early submissions are strongly encouraged. No late submissions will be considered.
No phone calls or hard copy submissions please.
If you have any questions about our audition calls or processes, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that this email is only active when auditions calls are posted.
For all other inquiries, please contact Associate Artistic Director Mel Hague (email@example.com)
Granting programs are programs that provide direct funding to artists who are working on a specific project or process.
There are currently no granting opportunities open at this time. Check this page regularly as opportunities arise through the year.
We are not accepting unsolicited submissions for future programming at this time.
We are always interested in meeting with artists to chat about their work, their ideas and their processes to see if there is any way we can support or intersect. If you would like to find out about our events, workshops, and programs for artists, please contact our Artist Development Coordinator Tawiah M’Carthy (firstname.lastname@example.org)
If you would like to discuss our Artist Residency’s, Granting Programs or New Work Development at Canadian Stage, Associate Artistic Director Mel Hague (email@example.com)