Berkeley Street Theatre
Main Box Office
26 Berkeley Street
Canada M5A 2W3
Please note our box office at 26 Berkeley Street is closed to the public due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. You can still reach us at 416.368.3110 or firstname.lastname@example.org for ticketing or general inquires.
Monday - Friday: 12 - 5pm, or until showtime
Saturdays & Sundays: On performance days only, 2 hours prior to showtime
2021 Holiday Hours
December 24: 10 - 2pm
December 25 - 28: Closed
December 29 - 30: 10 - 5pm
December 31: 10 - 2pm
January 1 - 3: Closed
Bluma Appel Theatre
St. Lawrence Centre for the Arts
27 Front Street East
Canada M5E 1B4
Open on performance days only, 2 hours prior to showtime.
Updated: 12 April, 2022
Update: With the health, safety, and comfort of our audiences, staff, volunteers, and artists as our top priority, Canadian Stage will continue to require proof of vaccination through May 31, 2022 including all performances of Crypto and Is God Is.
While the government of Ontario is lifting the mandatory check for vaccine passports as of March 1, we are choosing to keep our policy in place until further notice. We thank you for your patience and understanding as government policies are continually changing.
The Canadian Stage theatre experience has been designed with the safety and comfort of patrons, artists, and staff as the top priority. Canadian Stage will continue to monitor and respond to governmental policy changes and advice from health authorities to ensure we are always up-to-date and offering the safest experience possible.
Things to know.
- Vaccination and Masks: Policies around face masks and vaccination are evolving. At the time of publication, face masks will be mandatory for all indoor performances, as will proof of full vaccination completed at least 14 days prior to the performance. Any changes to this policy will be updated on our website and communicated to all ticket holders in advance of their performance.
- Capacity Restrictions: All 21.22 performances beginning after March 16, 2022 are being sold to full capacity. It is possible that you will be seated next to parties outside of your household. Any changes to capacity restrictions will be updated on our website and communicated to all ticket holders in advance of their performance.
- Reduced Contact: As much as possible, interactions between staff and patrons will be contactless. This includes ticket scanning, box office transactions, and health screenings.
- Concessions: The bar in the Berkeley Street lobby will remain closed until further notice.
- Sanitation: Hand sanitizing stations will be available throughout the venue. All high-touch surfaces will be sanitized both prior to and following each performance.
- Protecting Your Purchase: We understand that things change. If a performance is cancelled or you are no longer comfortable attending the theatre, you will have your choice of one of the following:
- A full refund
- An account credit to use for a future Canadian Stage production
- A tax receipt in the amount of the ticket donation
Please do not attend if you have a fever or are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19, have tested positive for COVID-19 within 14 days of attending, or if you have had close contact with anyone suspected or confirmed of having COVID-19.
All residents and visitors of Toronto must follow the City of Toronto's current Public Health regulations. Click here to view the current Public Health Regulations for the City of Toronto.
While we have put measures in place to enhance safety and help reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission from person to person, an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in public places where people gather. By attending Canadian Stage performances, you voluntarily assume all risks related to possible exposure of COVID-19. Failure to follow these guidelines will result in removal from the venue.
Canadian Stage has been awarded the Safe Travels Stamp from the World Travel and Tourism Council. This international symbol is designed to allow travellers to recognize companies around the world which have adopted health and hygiene safety measures that ensure customers experiences are safe.
Ticket & Admission Policies
We have taken enhanced health and safety measures for you, other patrons, staff, volunteers, and artists. You must follow all instructions provided in pre-event emails, as well as all posted and verbal instructions while attending your performance. While we have put measures in place to enhance safety and help reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission from person to person, an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in public places where people gather. When visiting one of our venues, you voluntarily assume all risks related to possible exposure of COVID-19. Failure to follow these guidelines will result in removal from the venue.
If the performance is cancelled due to inclement weather, you will be contacted by a member of our Audience Services team. Should you need to make any changes to your order, please contact the box office as soon as possible at 416.368.3110 or email@example.com.
Cameras and recording devices are prohibited. We reserve the right to refuse admittance. Your use of a ticket acknowledges your willingness to appear in photographs and videos taken in public areas of the theatre and releases Canadian Stage from any and all liability from use of such photographs and images.
Paying for Your Tickets
We accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Canadian Stage gift certificates.
All ticket sales are final and non-refundable. Tickets may be exchanged within the same production to a different performance date, provided the exchange is done no later than 2 hours before the performance for which the original tickets were purchased, subject to availability. The ticketholder must pay any difference in ticket price. Exchanges are subject to a $5 fee per ticket.
All performances proceed as scheduled despite weather conditions and traffic delays. During inclement weather, allow plenty of extra time and check TTC for delays and updates. Tickets not used due to adverse weather conditions or other delays cannot be refunded. Exchanges can be made in advance of the performance by calling the box office. Refer to our exchange policy above.
Ticket exchanges are free for subscribers up to 24 hours before the purchased performance, then $5 per ticket within 24 hours of the performance. Subscribers may return tickets up to 24 hours before the performance to receive by mail a charitable tax receipt for the cash value of the tickets.
Front of House
Latecomers will only be admitted if and when there is a suitable break in the performance. Cameras, cell phones, and recording devices must be turned off during the performance. Tickets must be purchased for all children; babes in arms are not permitted. Programs, prices, and artists are subject to change without notice. We reserve the right to refuse or retract admission without a refund if conditions are violated.
Canadian Stage produces and presents contemporary performance intended for a broadly diverse audience. We do not offer advisories about the content or subject matter of any production as sensitivities can vary greatly from person to person. If you have any questions about content or age-appropriateness, please contact the box office.
School Group Booking Policies
- A 20% deposit is due at the time of booking. This deposit may be paid by personal credit card to be reimbursed upon receipt of full cheque from organization.
- Full payment is due 30 days before the performance. If the booking occurs within 30 days of the performance, full payment is due within two business days of the booking.
- You may reduce or increase your numbers without penalty before final payment is received. No refunds will be issued for unused tickets within 30 days of the performance.
- Group rate tickets cannot be exchanged individually. Individuals who wish to exchange their student ticket will be charged the difference in ticket price plus a $5 exchange fee.
Promotional Offers and Authorized Sellers
You may receive a special ticket offer from us. Most offers are personal, non-transferable, subject to availability, and cannot be combined with other discounts or applied to an existing order. Some offers may have a specific expiry date; those that don't may expire without notice. Authorized sellers for Canadian Stage include co-producers, TO Live, Travelzoo, and TodayTix.