A Canadian Stage production.
A new play by David Greig
Adapted from Stanislaw Lem’s novel
Please note: In accordance with the Government of Ontario's latest COVID-19 guidelines, announced January 3, 2022, the production of Solaris has been cancelled. All ticket-holders will be contacted in the coming days to make arrangements for their tickets. It is our sincerest hope to bring this production to our stage in the future.
We thank you for your patience and understanding.
Something strange is happening on Solaris Station in the spectacular sci-fi thriller that asks questions about our place in the galaxy.
Solaris Station orbits a seemingly impossible planet covered by an ocean that feels alive…even plotting. Dr. Kris Kelvin has arrived amidst unexplained encounters the crew has been having—and after the suspicious death of their commander. But it’s not too long before she experiences an unexpected visitor of her own.
An enduring exploration of loneliness, rationality, and how we hang on to those we’ve lost, Solaris demonstrates that a great story can work across any format—from Soviet-era television, then Stanislaw Lem’s iconic 1961 novel, two acclaimed feature film adaptations, an opera, radio drama, and a ballet.
It now comes to Canadian Stage directed by Artistic Director, Brendan Healy in the thrilling adaption by acclaimed playwright, David Greig (The Events).
Updated: June 1, 2022
The Canadian Stage theatre experience has been designed with the safety and comfort of patrons, artists, and staff as the top priority. Canadian Stage will continue to monitor and respond to governmental policy changes and advice from health authorities to ensure we are always up-to-date and offering the safest experience possible.
Things to know.
- Vaccination and Masks: Policies around face masks and vaccination are evolving. At the time of publication, face masks will be mandatory for all indoor performances, as will proof of full vaccination completed at least 14 days prior to the performance. Proof of vaccination and face masks will not be required for outdoor performances.
- Reduced Contact: As much as possible, interactions between staff and patrons will be contactless. This includes ticket scanning, box office transactions, and health screenings.
- Sanitation: Hand sanitizing stations will be available throughout the venue. All high-touch surfaces will be sanitized both prior to and following each performance.
- Protecting Your Purchase: We understand that things change. If a performance is cancelled or you are no longer comfortable attending the theatre, you will have your choice of one of the following:
- A full refund
- An account credit to use for a future Canadian Stage production
- A tax receipt in the amount of the ticket donation
Please do not attend if you have a fever or are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19, have tested positive for COVID-19 within 14 days of attending, or if you have had close contact with anyone suspected or confirmed of having COVID-19.
All residents and visitors of Toronto must follow the City of Toronto's current Public Health regulations. Click here to view the current Public Health Regulations for the City of Toronto.
While we have put measures in place to enhance safety and help reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission from person to person, an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in public places where people gather. By attending Canadian Stage performances, you voluntarily assume all risks related to possible exposure of COVID-19. Failure to follow these guidelines will result in removal from the venue.
Canadian Stage has been awarded the Safe Travels Stamp from the World Travel and Tourism Council. This international symbol is designed to allow travellers to recognize companies around the world which have adopted health and hygiene safety measures that ensure customers experiences are safe.
Stunning, intelligent and haunting... a breath-taking adaptation. – Starburst Magazine