Lead Corporate Sponsor
A Midsummer Night's Dream
A Canadian Stage production
By William Shakespeare
Directed by Jamie Robinson
Canadian Stage is proud to celebrate 40 years of Dream in High Park with the return of this hilarious Shakespearean love story.
A romantic comedy for the ages comes vividly to life in High Park. The night before Theseus and Hippolyta's royal wedding, four young Athenians flee into the forest in pursuit of true love. They fall into one love triangle, then another, and are caught in the crossfire of a custody battle between reigning fairies of the forest. Chaotic hilarity ensues. Will the Athenians end up with their perfect match? Who will win custody of the changeling child? And what other beloved characters might we meet along the way? Brilliantly directed by Jamie Robinson and brought to life by a hysterical cast, A Midsummer Night's Dream is sure to be a highlight of the summer.
- A Midsummer Night's Dream is 90 minutes
- All tickets are General Admission and there are no assigned seats - we recommend arriving early.
- Most seating is on the grass; blankets and pillows are welcome. Accessible seating is also available.
- Lawn chairs are available to rent for $5 or $10 depending on the model.
- Audience members are welcome to bring along picnics, snacks, or enjoy concessions on site.
- The production is appropriate for adults and kids of all ages.
In the event of rain or severe weather during the show, Canadian Stage may delay, pause, or cancel the performance. Please note: we very rarely make rain cancellations prior to 8pm.
Read more about the 40th anniversary of Dream in High Park in this Toronto Star retrospective