Position Title: Box Office Coordinator
Position Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date: Immediate
Salary Range: $50,000
ABOUT CANADIAN STAGE
Canadian Stage is one of the country’s leading not-for-profit contemporary performing arts organizations. An anchor organization in Toronto’s vibrant cultural scene, Canadian Stage is a home for new and dynamic art forms, as well as an incubator and exporter of leading-edge contemporary and multidisciplinary performance.
Sharing innovative work from Canada and across the world, the company stages an annual season across three Toronto venues, including its beautiful heritage building on Berkeley and Front Street located in the vibrant St. Lawrence Market neighbourhood.
In its long and storied history, Canadian Stage has employed thousands of artists and produced hundreds of new productions to over 5,000,000 audience members, including the premieres of over 350+ new Canadian theatre and dance works. Many of the plays developed by Canadian Stage have been awarded and nominated for Canada's most prestigious literary and performing arts honours, including Governor General's, Chalmers, and Dora Mavor Moore Awards.
This position is full-time (non-standard) hours. During show runs, this position will be scheduled during many 12 pm-8 pm windows to support box office and pre-show box office operations. During non-show weeks and days, the position will have variable hours, likely 9:30 am-5:30 pm. The job duties include:
- Deliver outstanding customer service to patrons in person, over the phone, and via email
- Perform daily box office tasks:
- Use Tessitura ticketing system to book, exchange, and manage ticket orders
- Call Center and Email support – taking calls, answering patron emails, monitoring Box Office inbox and Contact Center queues
- Assist patrons who contact the box office with various ticketing issues (exchanges, booking tickets, general inquiries, etc)
- Monitor show activity in Tessitura ticketing system and perform standard housekeeping on performances and client records
- Check transactions and orders made by Box Office staff for accuracy each day
- Maintain documentation and training material on Box Office policies and procedures, ensuring all box office staff are aware of any changes
- Execute proper cash handling and cash control procedures for daily cash deposits
- Co-ordinate special events ticket booking with Audience Services Manager
- Pre-show duties include but are not limited to: assisting with any ticketing issues, delivering acknowledgments and/or various theatre announcements as required, and coordinating with Front of House Manager for efficient and timely audience load-ins
- Maintain Box Office organization & equipment
- Co-ordinate volunteer programs, create volunteer schedules, and oversee volunteer outreach
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills, respond promptly to customer inquiries and requests, and ensure Box Office staff are adhering to customer service standards
- Assist Audience Services Manager with Tessitura tasks as necessary (e.g., creating pricing rules, adjusting house maps, updating constituent records, pulling reports, etc)
- Other duties as required
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- Previous Box Office experience preferred
- Knowledge of the Tessitura system is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication and documentation skills required
- Candidate must be able to successfully handle multiple priorities in sometimes demanding situations
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook, ,PowerPoint and other Windows applications required
- Position requires the ability to accommodate a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends, as well as being able to perform in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Candidate should have some cash handling experience
- Candidate must also have the ability to work with the public, with strong conflict resolution skills
STATEMENT OF INTENTION
Canadian Stage is committed to building an anti-racist, equitable and inclusive cultural institution. We work to reflect the stories, ideas, concerns, and priorities of the communities we have been entrusted to serve authentically and meaningfully.
To address the under-representation of racialized and Indigenous administrators at our organization, and to affirm the importance of diverse lived experiences and perspectives, we encourage and welcome applicants who identify as Indigenous, Black, Persons of Colour, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities/expressions.
Applications should include:
- A Letter of Intent stating the candidate’s interest in the position and relevant experience. The letter should be no longer than two pages.
- A Resume
Please merge your cover letter and resume into one PDF. Please send your application to: email@example.com and use the email subject header, “Box Office Coordinator”
Please submit your application no later than October 10, 2022.
Canadian Stage is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free experience to applicants with accessibility or other needs. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage during the recruitment process.
All qualified persons are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents of Canada will be given priority. While we sincerely thank all candidates for their interest and efforts, only those short-listed for interviews will be contacted.