POSITION TITLE: Audience Services Representative
Position Type: Part-time. Between 25 and 35 hours per week, between June 1 and September 4 at High Park Amphitheatre (possibility for earlier start date)
Start Date: June 1 – September 4, 2022
Salary Range: $22/hour
About Canadian Stage
Canadian Stage is one of the country’s leading not-for-profit contemporary performing arts organizations. An anchor organization in Toronto’s vibrant cultural scene, Canadian Stage is a home for new and dynamic art forms, as well as an incubator and exporter of leading-edge contemporary and multidisciplinary performance.
Sharing innovative work from Canada and across the world, the company stages an annual season across three Toronto venues, including its beautiful heritage building on Berkeley and Front Street located in the vibrant St. Lawrence Market neighbourhood.
In its long and storied history, Canadian Stage has employed thousands of artists and produced hundreds of new productions to over 5,000,000+ audience members, including the premieres of over 350+ new Canadian theatre and dance works. Many of the plays developed by Canadian Stage have been awarded and nominated for Canada's most prestigious literary and performing arts honours, including Governor General's, Chalmers, and Dora Mavor Moore Awards.
Effective October 1, 2021, Canadian Stage will only engage and contract individuals who are fully vaccinated. Proof of full vaccination will be required for the Audience Services Representative candidate selected. The Theatre will inform the candidate of current working conditions at the start of the project and ensure that all government or Public Health guidelines, including physical distancing, PPE, and allowable gathering limits are adhered to throughout the project.
The Audience Services Representative (ASR) is responsible for providing exceptional customer service to patrons attending performances. The ASR is accountable for dealing with customer complaints, inquiries and processing ticketing transactions. ASR follows all Canadian Stage procedures and policies when providing customer service. ASR participates in all assigned training, setting and meeting personal goals. ASR understands their role as brand ambassador and provides positive brand experiences to all customers.
- Proactively maintain a current knowledge of Canadian Stage program events in order to knowledgeably provide information to patrons and respond to their questions
- Process ticketing transactions and maintain patron accounts in Tessitura CRM ensuring accuracy and excellent customer service
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of box office procedures and seating requirements
- Resolve patron concerns independently and refer to Site Manager when required
- Identify opportunities to improve service levels and make recommendations
- Provide feedback to management with respect to patron comments and concerns
- Identify potential problems and report to management, developing solutions wherever possible
- Other duties as required
- Experience with customer database use such as Tessitura (preferred) or similar application for patron services
- 2 plus years’ experience in service industry
- Familiarity with Box Office protocols for performing arts and performance schedule preferred
Key Competencies for this position
- Service Orientation – to provide an excellent patron experience
- Inclusion – to recognize and respond to incidents of non-appropriate behaviour and manages conflicts across people from diverse groups
- Problem Solving – to handle any conflict in service standards with understanding and a commitment to speedy resolution
- Strategic Orientation – to align patron messaging with Canadian Stage vision and mission
- Communication – to use active listening and dialogue to identify issues, clarify information and facilitate problem solving
- Quality Improvement - identifies and communicates situations that may lead to opportunities or prevent problems
- Flexible working hours dependent upon program schedule that includes weekend and evening performances
- Present at opening nights and special event performances
- Must be able to lift 25lbs, stand for long periods of time, tolerate working outdoors in variable weather conditions
Statement of Intention
Canadian stage is committed to building an anti-racist organization and an equitable and inclusive cultural institution. We are working to reflect the stories, ideas, concerns, and priorities of the communities we have been entrusted to serve authentically and meaningfully.
To address the under-representation of racialized and Indigenous employees at Canadian Stage, and to affirm the importance of diverse lived experiences and insights for this position and Canadian Stage as a whole, we encourage and welcome applicants who identify as Indigenous, Black and People of Colour in the application process.
Applications should include:
- A Letter of Intent stating the candidate’s interest in the position and relevant experience. The letter should be no longer than two pages.
- A Resume
Please merge your cover letter and resume into one PDF. Please send your application to: email@example.com and use the email subject header “Audience Services Representative”.
Please submit your application no later than May 2, 2022.
Canadian Stage is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free experience to applicants with accessibility or other needs. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage during the recruitment process.
All qualified persons are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents of Canada
will be given priority. While we sincerely thank all candidates for their interest and efforts, only those shortlisted
for interviews will be contacted.