Position Title: Associate Director of Marketing, Engagement and Growth
Position Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date: Immediate
Salary Range: $65,000-$75,000
ABOUT CANADIAN STAGE
Canadian Stage is one of the country’s leading not-for-profit contemporary performing arts organizations. An anchor organization in Toronto’s vibrant cultural scene, Canadian Stage is a home for new and dynamic art forms, as well as an incubator and exporter of leading-edge contemporary and multidisciplinary performance.
Sharing innovative work from Canada and across the world, the company stages an annual season across three Toronto venues, including its beautiful heritage building on Berkeley and Front Street located in the vibrant St. Lawrence Market neighbourhood.
In its long and storied history, Canadian Stage has employed thousands of artists and produced hundreds of new productions to over 5,000,000 audience members, including the premieres of over 350+ new Canadian theatre and dance works. Many of the plays developed by Canadian Stage have been awarded and nominated for Canada's most prestigious literary and performing arts honours, including Governor General's, Chalmers, and Dora Mavor Moore Awards.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Canadian Stage seeks a strategic thinker and passionate arts marketer for a new position in the organization: Associate Director of Marketing, Engagement, and Growth.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing and Communications, this leadership position will be responsible for innovative and best-in-class customer-centered and data-driven audience growth through Loyalty program strategies: subscription, frequency and return visitation, audience services/hospitality, and engagement.
This position will build, implement, market, and analyze existing and new Loyalty programs supported by the department and organizational teams and resources. This includes operationalizing and ensuring marketing communications, personalized offers, targets, and strategies are successfully executed to achieve the program's loyalty engagement goals and objectives.
This position presents an exciting opportunity for an existing or emerging leader to work primarily on long-range planning and strategy and to work closely with executive leadership and cross-departmentally to embed excellence in strategic communication and planning across the organization.
- Support the build and execute the Loyalty programs development, operationalization, and continuous optimization.
- Plan and manage annual season and subscription launches with maximum effectiveness and results.
- Devise data-driven strategies for annual telesales campaigns and translate those strategies into actionable tactical plans for the team.
- Execute pilot strategy, testing processes, feedback mechanisms, and roll-out plans necessary to deliver on audience growth and engagement KPIs.
- Make ongoing recommendations on improving the customer experience and entrench engagement opportunities across every audience touchpoint.
- Conducting measuring, forecasting, reporting, and analytics for Loyalty engagement strategies and efforts.
- Collaborating, scheduling, testing, and proofing communications, branding, content, and channels. Recommend behavioral, transactional, and cross-program offers and incentives to meet growth objectives.
- Competitive analysis and review.
- Informed by strategy and data, co-create subscriber and audience auxiliary programming and benefits that deepen engagement and provide best-in-class in-theatre patron experiences.
- Plan and implement market research and data analytical process and ensure a culture of data-driven decision-making.
- Systemize, collect, and analyze data and other KPIs to monitor project or campaign progress during implementation and recommend adjustments.
- Work collaboratively with the Marketing team to develop a consolidated public-facing customer service ethos that informs all interactions with Canadian Stage visitors across all departments.
- Provide recommendations related to resource allocations.
- Play a key role in developing organization-wide KPIs and analysis to inform ongoing communication and marketing strategies and tactics optimization.
- Other duties as required.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- You bring experience developing strategy-led marketing plans, with an existing and deep understanding of audience development on behalf of a performing arts or cultural organization.
- A proven record for moving ticketing inventory.
- You are bold and accountable. You have experience developing and implementing strategic and long-term goals.
- You are an innovator with an appetite for expansive thinking, creativity, and radical hospitality.
- You are digitally savvy and data-driven. You seek out innovative solutions and embrace evolving technologies. You can quickly adapt to new tools and trends.
- You can inspire people. Your writing and verbal communication skills are top-notch, and you love presentations.
- You likely have a post-secondary education, perhaps in marketing, communications, or arts-related fields.
- Significant track record of progressively responsible experience in marketing/advertising for in the performing arts, sports and entertainment, not-for-profit or related cultural sector.
- Expert in developing marketing campaigns to meet performance objectives across organic, email, and paid tactics
- Strong organizational, project management, analytical and interpersonal skills
- As a steward for internal and external communications, you have cultural competencies that are centered around equity and inclusion and in ways that are responsive to the needs of diverse communities, including the ability and experience to identify and understand intersecting issues related to gender, age, sexual orientation, disability, race/ethnicity, immigration status, religion, Indigenous heritage, and gender identity.
- The ability to adapt and respond to learnings, critique, and input.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects.
- Demonstrable skills to interact effectively with team members to direct workflow, assess performance, and assign duties.
- Strong knowledge of CRM systems
- Ability to work in compliance with strict regulatory standards.
STATEMENT OF INTENTION
Canadian Stage is committed to building an anti-racist, equitable and inclusive cultural institution. We work to reflect the stories, ideas, concerns, and priorities of the communities we have been entrusted to serve authentically and meaningfully.
To address the under-representation of racialized and Indigenous administrators at our organization, and to affirm the importance of diverse lived experiences and perspectives, we encourage and welcome applicants who identify as Indigenous, Black, Persons of Colour, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities/expressions.
Applications should include:
- A Letter of Intent stating the candidate’s interest in the position and relevant experience. The letter should be no longer than two pages.
- A Resume
Please merge your cover letter and resume into one PDF. Please send your application to: email@example.com and use the email subject header, “Associate Director of Marketing, Engagement, and Growth”
Please submit your application no later than October 10, 2022.
Canadian Stage is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free experience to applicants with accessibility or other needs. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage during the recruitment process.
All qualified persons are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents of Canada will be given priority. While we sincerely thank all candidates for their interest and efforts, only those short-listed for interviews will be contacted.