Position Title: Marketing Coordinator
Position Type: Permanent Full-time
Start Date: Immediate
Salary Range: $50,000
ABOUT CANADIAN STAGE
Canadian Stage is one of the country’s leading not-for-profit contemporary performing arts organizations. An anchor organization in Toronto’s vibrant cultural scene, Canadian Stage is a home for new and dynamic art forms, as well as an incubator and exporter of leading-edge contemporary and multidisciplinary performance.
Sharing innovative work from Canada and across the world, the company stages an annual season across three Toronto venues, including its beautiful heritage building on Berkeley and Front Street located in the vibrant St. Lawrence Market neighbourhood.
In its long and storied history, Canadian Stage has employed thousands of artists and produced hundreds of new productions to over 5,000,000+ audience members, including the premieres of over 350+ new Canadian theatre and dance works. Many of the plays developed by Canadian Stage have been awarded and nominated for Canada's most prestigious literary and performing arts honours, including Governor General's, Chalmers, and Dora Mavor Moore Awards.
Effective October 1, 2021, Canadian Stage will only engage and contract individuals who are fully vaccinated. Proof of full vaccination will be required for the Audience Services Representative candidate selected. The Theatre will inform the candidate of current working conditions at the start of the project and ensure that all government or Public Health guidelines, including physical distancing, PPE, and allowable gathering limits are adhered to throughout the project.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Reporting to the Marketing Manager, the Marketing Coordinator is responsible for the coordination of and assisting in the implementation of strategic plans across communications, advertising, branding, digital marketing, and social media. The successful candidate must be able to effectively manage many diverse projects.
- Set up, coordinate and traffic projects and deadlines in Asana
- Support daily activities of the Marketing Manager including budget management, invoice processing, etc.
- Work directly with outside vendors, third-party contractors and media outlets when required
- Assist with developing and managing content and social media marketing programs, including blogs and public relations efforts
- Manage relationships with external vendors to ensure high-quality and timely execution of marketing programs, and to ensure competitiveness
- Act as the point of contact for the department when assisting other teams with marketing and communications needs
- Project manage the development and execution of marketing collateral, including signage (print and digital), house programs, and other branded print projects
- Assist with the creation and deployment of promotional emails and direct mail campaigns, as needed
- Coordinate, deploy, and track responses to opening night and other event invitations
- Support the marketing department and communications team as needed
- Completion of Post Secondary education in marketing/communications or arts management
- 1 to 3 years of experience in marketing
- Knowledge of traditional, digital, content, and social media marketing
- Understanding of public relations
- Solid organizational skills with attention to detail
- Excellent project management skills and can manage multiple priorities
- Advanced communication skills
- Experience with Tessitura an asset
- Experience with Photoshop/Adobe Creative Cloud an asset
- Asana or similar project management software experience a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Sharepoint and Teams
STATEMENT OF INTENTION
Canadian Stage is committed to building an anti-racist, equitable and inclusive cultural institution. We work to reflect the stories, ideas, concerns, and priorities of the communities we have been entrusted to serve authentically and meaningfully.
To address the under-representation of racialized and Indigenous administrators at our organization, and to affirm the importance of diverse lived experiences and perspectives, we encourage and welcome applicants who identify as Indigenous, Black, Persons of Colour, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities/expressions.
Applications should include:
- A cover letter stating the candidate’s interest in the position and relevant experience. The letter should be no longer than two pages.
- A Resume
Please merge your cover letter and resume into one PDF. Please send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org and use the email subject header, “Marketing Coordinator”.
Please submit your application no later than May 17, 2022.
Canadian Stage is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free experience to applicants with accessibility or other needs. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage during the recruitment process.
All qualified persons are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents of Canada will be given priority. While we sincerely thank all candidates for their interest and efforts, only those short-listed for interviews will be contacted.