Canadian Stage Artistic & General Director Matthew Jocelyn has announced a call for actor submissions for General Auditions for our 2017-2018 season.
Deadline: 5pm, Monday, February 13, 2017
Click here to download application details
Canadian Stage RBC Emerging Artist Program: Company in Residence
Thank you for your interest in the Canadian Stage RBC Emerging Artist Program: Company in Residence. Submissions for the program are now closed.
Canadian Stage RBC
Emerging Artist Program:
Director Development Residency
Thank you for your interest in the Canadian Stage RBC Emerging Artist Program: Director Development Residency. Submissions for the program are now closed.
Script and Project Submissions
We are sorry, but Canadian Stage does not accept unsolicited script submissions at the moment.
However, we are always happy to hear about exciting new work in the making that fits our mandate, and we welcome playwrights and theatre creators who want to introduce themselves to Canadian Stage. If your play or project has an upcoming reading, workshop presentation or full production, please send an invitation (including a brief statement about why your work might be well suited for Canadian Stage's programming) to Birgit Schreyer Duarte at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will try our best to have one of our artistic team members see it.
OAC Theatre Creators Reserve Grants
Canadian Stage is proud to be a participating recommender company in the Ontario Arts Council’s annual Theatre Creators’ Reserve program. If you are seeking financial support for a project in development and think it may fit Canadian Stage’s mandate, please refer to the Ontario Arts Council website for more information.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR THEATRE CREATORS' RESERVE APPLICANTS:
- Please note that this year Canadian Stage will recommend a total of three projects to be funded by $3000 each. Please base your budget on this amount ($3000) as we cannot recommend a higher amount than requested in your budget.
- Please include in your submission the following, in addition to the forms outlined by OAC:
- a maximum one-page description of your project; what makes it unique; how it suits Canadian Stage's mandate; how you will be using the funding should you receive it
- a simple budget of how you'll spend the money
- a maximum ten-page excerpt of the piece, should it already exist in a draft; if no draft exists yet, please provide a brief synopsis and information about structure and stylistic form
- a one-page CV
Please submit your materials BOTH as an email to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org, as well as a hard copy to Birgit Schreyer Duarte, Canadian Stage, 26 Berkeley St, Toronto, ON M5A 2W3 by December 1, 2016 @ 5pm.